The AARP Smart Driver Course is the nation’s first refresher course specifically designed for drivers age 50 and older. In many states, drivers may benefit from a discount on their auto insurance premium upon completing the course. And you will learn something new along the way. In fact, an evaluation of the course found that 97% of participants changed at least one driving habit as a result of what they learned.
The AARP Smart Driver online course covers:
- Research-based safe driving strategies.
- Information on the effects of medication on driving.
- Preventive measures to reduce driver distractions.
- Proper use of safety belts, airbags, anti-lock brakes, and new technology found in cars today.
- Techniques for handling left turns, right-of-way, and roundabouts.
- State-specific rules and regulations in 19 key areas, including construction zones, child safety seats, school buses, cellphone use and more.
- Easy-to-follow format incorporating adult-learning principles.
Pre-Registration required. Call 802-767-3785 to save your place!